Incest Trauma Center – Belgrade Awards/Recognitions/Nominations:
- State Excellence Award ‘for special contribution to awareness-raising concerning the unacceptability of sexual and gender-based violence” (The Ministry of Social Policy of Serbia, 2010);
- Finalist in 2011 and recipient in 2012 of the award “REWARD” of the National PR Society of Serbia in the category “Communication in the non-profit sector”; note:: ITC has been the only competitor that both years created and implemented its Campaign on our own, with no hiring marketing agency;
- Appointment by the Council of Europe in Strasburg as the official national partner in the Campaign against child sexual assault for the Republic of Serbia, the Campaign entitled “ONE in FIVE”, based on the Lanzarote Convention (according to the signed agreement, in the course of the entire Campaign, 2012-2015);
- The official song “Stop the Silence!” of ITC Campaign in Serbia has been in 2012 handed over to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg and it was designated as the official song of “ONE in FIVE” Campaign on European level to be used by the member-states;
- Starting from March 2017, ITC received appointment to act in the capacity of the Country CAN Partner of The International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (An ISPCAN Country CAN Partner);
- Both in March 2016 and March 2017, ITC was nominated for The With and For Girls Award. It is an initiative of the With and For Girls Collective which is a group of eight funders: EMpower, Mama Cash, NoVo Foundation, Plan UK, The Global Fund for Children, Nike Foundation, Comic Relief and Stars Foundation who aim to identify and recognize strong grassroots organizations working WITH and FOR girls through their annual Awards. The procedure allows nominations could be made only by trusted referral partners because the Nominee has demonstrated effective practice in creating a supportive and empowering environment for girls;
- In March 2018, ITC received the FEMINIST RECOGNITION FOR THE ACT OF RESISTENCE IN PUBLIC DOMAIN ”for the work on creating Educational Packs for learning on CSA issue and the act of resistence against veto on implementation of Educational Packs.“ The Feminist Recognition awarded by the BeFem, Serbia.
Awards and nominations
Dušica Popadić, Directress of the Incest Trauma Center – Belgrade
- 2009 – 2015: Every year in December, selected by Serbian daily newspaper “Blic” appeared on the annual list of “200 most powerful women in Serbia” as a spokesperson against Childhood Sexual Assault (this list was issued until 2015).
- 2013: Appeared in 1st Lexicon “WHO IS WHO in Serbia” issued by the state (The Institute for Textbooks).
- 2016: US World of Children Award Honoree – Protection Award (US media often refer to World of Children Award as the Nobel Prize for child advocacy; the 1st winner of Protection Award).
- 2017: Nominated by the Delegation of European Commission to Serbia for the European Parliament’s Sakharov Prize.
- 2017: Recipient of Fulbright Award 2017. »Leader 2017: For professional accomplishments and contribution to positive social changes during 2016 in the field of support provision to child and adult survivors of sexual assault and work on prevention of violence against children through educational programs.«